This page has moved to a new address.

Count Down To The 2011 Backpacking Season Has Began!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Backpack With Jenny: Count Down To The 2011 Backpacking Season Has Began!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Count Down To The 2011 Backpacking Season Has Began!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a fat trail dog sitting by my feet as I type this.  Bella and I have both ate on a few pounds  this past winter....but we are excited to get our boots/paws back out on the trail for the 2011 season.

Speaking of boots~  I took back my old Vasque's....sniff.  It was a sad day when I stepped up to the REI return counter and told them that they were not keeping my feet dry.  But then I slammed a different model of brand new Vasque's on the counter  (I will report back at the end of this season if this pair kept my feet any dryer).

I have been wearing this new pair of boots around town this winter trying to break them in before my first real trip out in the woods.  I have been clomping around the grocery store in them setting a new standard for sexy.  I am trying to get some miles in them before they actually hit the trail.

A new MSR Rocket Pocket Stove is also a new item I have added to my gear, along with.....drum roll please:

THIS !    I took my one person Marmot EOS 1P Tent back.  It was a nice tent, but I realized last season  it was only for sleeping in.  When  Ben and I were being sucked dry from mosquitoes at Dead Man lake  we had to spend more time in our tents than usual.  I dawned on me then that for not much more weight I could get a two person Hubba Hubba.  I would have a lot more space to wait out situations like rain or bugs.  When last years model of the Hubba Hubba went on sale I was again at the REI counter with money in my sweaty little hand to throw down for another piece of new gear.

I hope that you are ready to go out with me this year.  This is a personal invitation to buckle on your pack, lace up your boots, and get ready for adventure!

You never know what might happen, or who you will meet out there in the back country with me.

LET'S GO BACKPACKING!!!!!

2 Comments:

At April 16, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Michael Carpenter said...

New gear!!! Yeah!!

I've been out with the scouts snow caving, snowshoeing to a cabin and camping by the Snake River already this year.

I'm looking forward to some backpacking trips this summer (without the scouts).

 
At April 17, 2011 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Hey Mike!
You are a saint to be out there with the scouts....you are a better man than me :)
SNOW! I hate snow. My dirty hat is off to you there.
Keep me updated on your trips out!
Jenny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home